Due to the overwhelming success of our new Conservatory Extensions range, an opportunity has arisen for a Junior Architectural Technician or Technologist to join our small architectural team based in Loanhead, Midlothian. The successful candidate will have a broad experience base, however experience of private domestic work would be advantageous. Some first-hand experience of taking and developing briefs, developing design ideas and solutions would be an advantage and the ability to work with both customers and other team members to take a project from its concept stage to completion.
Candidates for the position will ideally have:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (essential)
- Experience producing packages of detailed construction, specification information for Warrant/Planning applications & construction purposes
- A positive & proactive attitude, initiative, motivation, responsibility and commitment
- Strong verbal, written & graphic communication skills
- A creative approach to design & problem solving
- An ability to work independently with efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrable experience in private domestic work
- Sound basic understanding of construction detailing and specification
- A good working knowledge of current Scottish Building Standards Regulations
- A full, clean Driving Licence Terms and Conditions:
Start date: As soon as possible. Hours of work: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Holidays: pro rata based on 28 days per year. Salary: This will be commensurate with experience.
What are we looking for from you?
A spark and ambition like ours. Your interest in building products will complement your warm, friendly personality and ability to work well in a team. Above all, you have to share our passion for achieving amazing things – for our customers, colleagues and ourselves.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0131 440 2855